Thursday 7 November 2013

Home

I went home to Scotland this week- it has been HEAVEN.  I always forget how lovely it is to come home every night to a clean house with my big bed, no noise and copious amounts of seriously good food.  This time, Iona came home for the weekend, and even though we only got to spend one full day together it was so nice to be almost reunited- not forgetting Fergus of course!  Poor Ferg is at school and trying to juggle playing Scotland rugby (I know!) and work towards his GCSE exams.

This week I have caught up with some family friends, slept so much and really recharged my batteries.  I love Leeds, I do, but I was getting stressed out, overtired and quite irrational so it was lucky that my reading week was at the right time!  Now I am ready to go back and face another five weeks of uni work, partying and I guess more work.  What is making me really excited is the idea of the German Christmas Market in Leeds- it is so beautiful and fun.

Heres a picture from last year:


However excited I am for the market- I have had a really nice time at home.  Dad and I went shopping one day- if you knew us you would know that we are probably both the worst shoppers in history!  We did manage to squeeze purchasing some items, having lunch and watching Captain Philips into an afternoon so we were quite pleased with ourselves.  Captain Philips is AMAZING, its a complete must-see.  

Tomorrow I am off to stay with Iona in Newcastle for a night... what in god's name have I let myself in for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment